Review of my 2017 predictions
(picture from Wix's library)
Hi everyone, it’s that time of the year when I try to justify my failure at predicting the world… or tell you how absolutely amazing I am at guessing the future!!!!!!
The predictions can be found here
Ok… the results first: No increase in inflation Whatsoever (I said inflation could reach between 5% and 10% this year or the next)!
Well, that doesn’t look good for me! My results were based on a few policies that Mr. Trump was supposed to pass (none of which actually saw the light of day). To give you guys a quick summary, Mr. Trump said he would:
(1) Significantly increase import tariffs from many countries
(2) Implement a policy of “buy American only”
(3) Bring wide and extensive infrastructure spending
(4) Reduce immigration from Latin American and deport ‘all’ illegal immigrants
(5) Impose tight government controls on the Central Bank (the ‘Fed’)
Because none of those came to light, perhaps except the last point (which was not put in action yet), my predictions did not materialise. I do keep my predictions that if Mr. Trump is able to implement all these policies in the way he said he would, inflation can rapidly become a problem in the USA.
I’ll have predictions for 2018 coming out in the next few months, this time on investment opportunities. I’m trying to set up my investment funds first and I’ll let you guys know what I’m expecting after that.
Thanks everyone and have a great time!